Thursday, September 03, 2009

First Sketches

I started out just drawing random creatures of what the different Plant Aliens might look like. The first page on this post is probably the first time that I really felt that I was on to something with the Hazel design. I started out thinking that the air on the planet was non exisitant and John would have to have some sort of breathing device, but then I realized duh everything on the plant is plants. Plants make oxygen. So I got rid of the a breathing device. Im still trying to decide wiether or not to give John some sort of cover to make his human appearance less noticable. I drew my own son Nathan for a reference. I really like the bottom image on the 4th page and the top right image on the last page. I'll probably use them for something else later on. At the very least a background character.













No comments: